The Last Waltz -Theatre Production
A play about life and death.
Vera is in an intensive care ward, hooked up to machines, and unable to communicate. She wants to go home for her final days, so she leaves her body and bed to talk to the audience. She is followed by her daughter-in-law Elizabeth who has her own story to tell.
This is one of those plays that will be forever in the minds of the audience, with moments heart-warming and poignant, humorous, sad, and beautiful. By turns challenging and inspiring, you will come away with much to ponder.
Drama and music have a unique ability to influence on a deep level, and we see this performance platform as a tremendous opportunity for us to advance this passion, using the play as a springboard for discussions in many varied environments, including:
- Community groups (eg Lions, Rotary, Probus, U3A)
- Palliative care groups, cancer/carer support groups
- Health conferences (eg Palliative care, End of life, Advance Care Planning)
- End-of-life networks, Death Doula promotional events
- Care-giver education
- Or simply as a night out at the theatre…